Vegan Eggnog (healthy, sugar-free)
One great way to celebrate during the holidays with friends is with yummy drinks. Here is a vegan eggnog recipe that only uses 8 whole food ingredients and 1 blender.
You can pour in some alcohol for a boozy eggnog. However, I prefer it without alcohol.
What is eggnog?
When I first heard of what eggnog is as a kid, it grossed me out and I never went near it. I did not like the idea of drinking eggs. Eggnog is traditionally made with dairy milk, cream, sugar, and eggs.
This version is made differently, but does not sacrifice in creaminess or flavor.
I used homemade oat milk, which is very thick and creamy. You can also use coconut milk, or other nut milks, but personally I love the flavor and texture of oat milk.
This eggnog is naturally sweetened with bananas and a bit of maple syrup. I love using bananas as a sweetener in many desserts and drinks (like this hot chocolate), because they are a healthy sweetener and are very inexpensive.
This would be the perfect beverage for sharing with friends and family at a holiday party.
This eggnog is:
- popping with flavor
- easy to make
- & delicious!
More festive and cozy beverages:
Easy Vegan Eggnog
- 2 cups oat milk or coconut milk
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of sea salt (to taste)
- To a high-speed blender, add oat milk, banana, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and spices, and blend until smooth.
- Adjust the amount of salt to your preferred taste (salt brings out the flavors). Add more maple syrup for more sweetness and spices if desired.
- Serve chilled or warmed up. I prefer this eggnog chilled without ice. Pour the eggnog into glasses and sprinkle on some cinnamon to serve.
- Leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. Shake up the drink before serving. Separation is natural. Enjoy!