Banana Coconut Tapioca Pudding
This tapioca pudding combines all of my favorite dessert ingredients into one warm and satisfying healthy dessert. If you are like me and ate tapioca pudding as a kid, then this pudding will give you great nostalgia. This pudding is the perfect quick and easy dessert for those cold winter evenings when you want to cozy up and watch a classic Christmas movie. You can also refrigerate this pudding overnight, then have it as a cool snack during the afternoon.
- 1/3 cup tapioca pearls
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 15 oz can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-2 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place tapioca pearls into a saucepan and cover with 3/4 cup water and let sit for about 30 minutes.
- While the tapioca is soaking, mash the bananas very well and set aside.
- Add in the coconut milk, maple syrup, and mashed bananas into the saucepan and mix well.
- Place on the stovetop and bring to a boil while stirring frequently. Once boiling, lower heat to simmering and continue cooking 10-15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add in the vanilla extract and cinnamon and mix well. The pudding can be served warm or refrigerated until cold. Optional: top with pomegranate seeds.
If you make this recipe be sure to let me know how it goes and tag me on Instagram @plantifulpicnic