Vegan Mexican Street Corn with Chipotle Mayo
I have seen so many recipes for Mexican street corn and they all use mayonnaise and cheese, so I decided to make my own recipe that is healthy, full of flavor, and is vegan. The spiciness in the chipotle mayo pairs very nicely with the sweetness of the corn.
- 4-6 ears sweet corn
- Fresh cilantro to serve
For the chipotle mayo:
- ½ cup cashews soaked
- ¼ tsp each of garlic powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder (plus more to serve)
- Pinch of chipotle chili powder (add more for more spiciness)
- ⅛ tsp salt + more to taste
- ½ cup water
- 4 tsp lime juice
For the powdered cheese:
- ½ cup cashews
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Soak ½ cup cashews overnight or several hours. Place the soaked cashews and the rest of the ingredients for the chipotle mayo into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. You can add more or less chipotle chili powder depending on preferred spiciness.
- Place all of the ingredients for the powdered cheese into a food processor and process until the mixture is fine and powdery.
- Remove husks from the corn and place corn cobs directly onto the grill. Grill the corn about three minutes on each side or until kernels turn golden brown and charred.
- Drizzle the chipotle mayo sauce over the cooked corn. Sprinkle on the powdered cheese, fresh chopped cilantro, and a bit of chili powder.
If you make any of my recipes definitely let me know how it goes and tag me on Instagram @plantifulpicnic!