Vegan Black Bean Chocolate Waffles
- 1.5 cups cooked black beans
- 3/4 cup plant milk (I used oat milk)
- 7 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup whole white wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coco powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- To a high speed blender, add cooked black beans, plant milk, maple syrup, and bananas, and blend until smooth.
- To a large bowl add whole wheat flour, sift in coco powder, and add baking powder, then mix well.
- Add the black bean mixture to the bowl of flour and mix until completely combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Lightly spray your waffle pan with oil, then scoop out spoonfuls of the batter onto the pan. You might need to spread out the batter a bit because it is so thick. Then cook in your waffle maker.
- Top off your waffles with melted chocolate and berries or any of your other favorite waffle toppings.
If you made this recipe be sure to let me know how it goes and tag me on Instagram @plantifulpicnic. I love getting your feedback!