Vegan Trail Mix Cookies
I love to eat trail mix as a high protein snack for on the go. I also love oatmeal, bananas, and peanut butter, so I combined all of those amazing snacks into one epic and wholesome snack/dessert: peanut butter trail mix cookies.
These cookies are loaded with nuts, fruit, peanut butter, and are free of refined sugars and oils. They are also very easy to customize. Just add your preferred assortment of nuts, dried fruit, or nut butter. These trail mix cookies are just the right amount crunchy and soft and do not have too much oats.
These healthy trail mix cookies also make a great snack for on the go. I took them on a backpacking trip and they added great variety to my usual snacks of trail mix, plus they were very satisfying with their high amount of protein from the peanut butter. You can also make a large batch and freeze them for snacks for the next few weeks.
Makes 12-16 cookies Oven temperature: 325 deg F
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup baking powder
- 1 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried fruit (I used raisins, cranberries, and apricots)
- 1/2 cup assorted nuts (I used peanuts, pistachios, macadamian nuts, and almonds)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Mix together flour, oats, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add in the peanut butter, mashed bananas, maple syrup, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add in the dried fruit, assorted nuts, shredded coconut, and chocolate chips. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Roll spoonfuls of dough between your hands until it forms a ball. Gently press each ball of dough onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
If you made this recipe be sure to let me know how they turned out and tag @plantifulpicnic on Instagram.